The purpose of the Gloucester Point Baptist Flower Ministry is to beautify the sanctuary throughout the year with flowers and plants, highlighting the seasons of the birth and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This is done by accommodating members of our church family and others wishing to place flowers in the sanctuary.
How can YOU be part of this ministry? There are two ways.
- Don’t be shy! This ministry may be right for you if you love flowers, like to garden, arrange flowers or just like to work with your hands doing crafts. Just ask how you can get involved.
- You can place flowers in the sanctuary in memory or in honor of a loved one or for a special occasion. To place flowers, find an empty date on the flower list in the narthex. Sign up for the date you would like and notify the church secretary with the message you would like to appear in that Sunday’s bulletin. Arrangements need to be in place by 10:45am on Sunday. The arrangements can be ordered from a local florist or your own arrangement. Keep in mind, flowers are not required for the first Sunday of each month due to the Lord’s Supper and the Sundays during Advent. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don’t forget to notify the office of your new son, daughter, or grandchild. We need their full name, birth-date, parents’ names and grandparents’ names. We will order a bud vase for you in gender appropriate colors & bows.
The Flower Committee also supports the Benevolence Ministry several times a year.
- Easter Crosses can be placed in memory of or in honor of a loved one. Minimum of five dollars but more is gladly accepted. The crosses are placed on the cross and the names are included in the Easter Bulletin.
- Summer Stars place stars on the cross and Fall Leaves place leaves on the cross both are done to benefit Benevolence.
- Christmas, Doves can be placed in memory of or in honor of a loved one. Minimum of five dollars but more is gladly accepted. The doves are placed on the Chrismon Tree and the names are included in the Christmas Bulletin.
Christmas is a special time at Gloucester Point Baptist. The Saturday before the first Sunday of Advent the church is transformed into a Christmas wonderland in preparation for our annual Hanging of the Greens service.